Your child is entitled to universal free school meals if they’re in Reception, Year 1 or Year 2.
Your child may be able to get free school meals if you receive any of the following benefits:
- Income Support
- Income-based Jobseeker’s Allowance
- Income-related Employment and Support Allowance
- Support under Part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- The guaranteed element of Pension Credit
- Child Tax Credit (provided you’re not also entitled to Working Tax Credit and have an annual gross income of no more than £16,190)
- Working Tax Credit run-on – paid for four weeks after you stop qualifying for Working Tax Credit
- Universal Credit – if you apply on or after 1 April 2018, your household income must be less than £7,400 a year (after tax and not including any benefits you get)
Please speak to the school office if you think you might qualify.
We are proud of our school meals and believe they represent excellent quality and fantastic value for money. Global Eats by Church Cowley St James prepares and cooks our healthy, delicious school meals. We source food products from local suppliers wherever possible to support local businesses and minimise the distance food travels.
The children themselves grow many items on-site so they can enjoy the experience of planting, growing, harvesting and eating the freshest food. We pride ourselves on having something grown onsite on our menu daily. Our allotments are a popular part of life at CCSJ.
Please let us know if your child has any food allergies or dietary requirements. All major food allergens are displayed, and staff are happy to answer any questions you may have.
School meals cost £2.50